Enjoy More. Fret Less.

I have to PAUSE to get CLEAR.

What shall I FOCUS on now?

Ideas and realms of thought stream through my consciousness like lenses at the optometrist. Often very quickly, sometimes blurry, sometimes clearer than the last lens.  They seem clear enough at the moment, then there's another lens, and another to choose from. Snap, click, snap, click, snap.e.t.c.


The ONE LENS I am working to get clear on is just HOW I SEE THINGS. And how perception, and clarity  has changed, and will likely do so as I age.

I tend to stop and start things a lot.  My intention here, and for myself is to allow my thoughts to flow, and with the flowing shall come the truth. I get that everyone has their own truth, and that when we connect that truth to another being that you can trust, you feel validated.  All..of..Your Dots.. Feel... Connected, and you can actually breath easier. And healing happens.

I just took a deep breath here, because...I KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE!!!

I feel tentative writing...because the fear that grips, is what holds me back.

What brings me here, is both fear, and longing to  share what it's like to conquer it. One moment at a time.  The potential to reach others who may feel compelled to change their lenses up, and pause. Like I'm doing right now. To See how it feels to perceive things differently.

To Enjoy More. Fret Less.

My two young adult children,  remind me of this, both in their own way.

And I LOVE them for that!

My son wondered one day if being anxious is an essential part  of being Jewish. Since, he said everyone in our family has some form of anxiety.

I guess he thought since we're Jewish, it stands to reason that all Jews are riddled with anxiety.

I paused for a moment, and smiled to myself.

Son, do you think for a moment, that folks from Iceland have no anxiety? That people from Papua New Guinea have a air of calm about them at all times?

What about the French, Italians, Irish, everyone in Southeast Asia, and the Continent of Africa?

 Not one frayed nerve. Ever?

You get the idea. After a few minutes of that, we realized everyone, and every being  has it to some  degree, and it's just part of what we ALL share. It actually has a purpose in the right proportions, and we can't let it get the best of us.

For example, if I let it get the best of me today, I would not be able to write THIS. It would have taken over my mind, the control of my fingers, and my hand. and I might be still imagining all other things I could be focusing on.

And THAT's what I KNOW to be TRUE.

What about YOU??

This is me at the Optometrist, and in real life.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hilarywardle/brutally-honest-confessions-from-an-optometrist?utm_term=.wmLv5KxM32#11310687







Comments