The Girl In the Swirl


I am often in a swirl of thoughts. I am attracted to swirls in nature and design. I enjoy drawing and painting swirls. They are of comfort to me, because I live in one. I am often supposed to be doing something else, and I get pulled into a swirl of sorts. This has long been my default. I've come to recognize that  it's just "Karma". Something that has been passed down to me, like my coloring, features, size,and general temperament.

I believe my father's swirls were his love of creating art, and gardening. He could lose himself for hours in a creative project. This can be both a blessing and a curse.   That is the nature of karma, and my intention is to allow karma to move through me in swirls. To write, paint, connect my dots, to express. With less fear, and more wild abandon. I believe the intention of sharing my swirling thoughts and observations will feel more dynamic when I make them more public.

I imagine there are others who feel this way, and can relate swirls of thought to  their music, writing, painting, and creations of all kinds.

I've always been able to write to express myself, yet have put it aside for months and years. There's either so many swirls of thoughts,  'to-do' list that's either in my head, on a post-it note, i-pad or phone that beckons. My intention is now to truly write. Write about the swirls in  my mind, the karmic forces that beckon, repel, and guide me. We all have them.

When I was travelling through the city of New Orleans last summer, I spotted a line of swirls on a building. I felt compelled to be in the swirls. It was like feeling the compulsion to touch the water in a fountain, or waterfall, or any wall of water. I asked my husband to take a photo with me in the swirls. At that moment, a group of passersby asked me if I was a writer. I paused for a second, then answered, "Yes" enthusiastically.

"You should have this picture on the sleeve of your book".

I am the Girl in the Swirl, and these are my swirly stories..


What makes you swirl in the best possible way?
In the worst possible way?
What do you enjoy doing for hours on end, that makes time stand still?
What medium do enjoy that where you can express your true spirit?

And last but not least, what if anything keeps you from expressing yourself fully?



Here I collected huge waxy leaves from my neighborhood, added paint on the back, and pressed it all over my studio.Then I just added swirls everywhere, of course


                                      I'd love to read and interact with you in the
                                     comments below!

                                     Thanks for stopping by!

                                     Heidi (The Girl in the Swirl)
                                 

                                   



                                 

https://www.additudemag.com/inattentive-adhd-in-adults-distracted-unfocused-symptoms/







Comments

  1. I can identify with this in so many ways! I love the goal of expressing swirls with abandon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart swells to know you can relate. or shall I say my heart 'Swirls?'
      I just did!

      Delete

Post a Comment